Your home is your most important investment, a source of pride and joy, a reflection of your unique style.
Welcome to Stone Design ConceptsOttawa’s choice for granite, quartz and marble counters
Digital PrecisionWe use a laser device to measure your cabinets for granite or quartz. This unmatched accuracy and makes for a faster, flawless installation.
Quality WorkmanshipYou are able to take a look at your completed kitchen before we even cut your slab of granite or quartz. Our waterjet/ CNC saw is able to cut your granite or quartz slabs that will fit your wall like a glove fits a hand.
Personal ServiceOur friendly and experienced SDC team will be happy to guide you through the process to get you started on your next project. Let our experts help you create a solution that suits your unique style, based on your needs and lifestyle.
Competitive PricesWe understand that renovations can be stressful and are always mindful of our clients’ budget and time frame. For smaller projects, talk to us about slab remnants – same great quality, but at a reduced price!
The Stone Design Concepts Process
1. Book a consultation with one of our expertsWe recommend you book a design consultation appointment so you can meet with one of our design experts.
2. Selecting the right quartz, granite or marble slab for your homeWe will send you to our slab supplier to select the specific Granite for your project. Or you can select for several quartz suppliers. The Quartz samples in our showroom are abundant.
3. We come to your project to measure for granite or quartz tops.We use the LT55 XL digital templator from Laser products industries. This piece of equipment is very accurate and fits in perfectly with our digital processing.
4. Planning the cuts to use the best parts of your Granite, marble, or quartz slabThis is when you are able to take a look at your completed kitchen before we even cut your slab of granite or quartz.
5. It’s time to cut and fabricate your granite or quartz projectOur waterjet/ CNC saw is able to cut your granite or quartz slabs that will fit your wall like a glove fits a hand.
6. Time for your installation - 10 business days after we measureWe install your new granite countertop into your dream kitchen or bathroom. This will take a few hours.
Natural Stone Products Overview
Granite is a formed beneath the earth’s crust by magma flowing into deep pockets and cooling under tremendous pressure. It is highly crystallized and is comprised from Quartz, Feldspar and Mica. Polished granite is a popular choice for countertops due to its high durability and aesthetic qualities. Granite has become the countertop of choice for today’s home owners. Synthetic solid surface materials are no match for the richness, depth, and incredible performance of real granite. Unlike laminates and solid-surface materials, a hot pot or frying pan has no effect on granite’s mirror-quality finish…
There are many types of quartz which are constantly evolving as a result of technology. Quartz is a great choice for kitchens and bathrooms because it extremely hard and is stain, heat, bacteria resistant. It’s both hard, flexible and lighter than granite which allows for easier installation. Quartz has a hard, nonporous surface, making it simple to clean. In most cases, soap and water or a mild detergent is all that is required to maintain its luster. If necessary, a non-abrasive cleaner such as Vim Oxy-Gel or a mild degreaser can be used. Adhered materials like food, gum, or nail polish can be scraped away with a plastic putty knife: any marks left by the blade can be removed. Thoroughly rinse the surface with clean water to remove residue…
Marble will add a touch of class and elegance to your kitchen or bathroom countertop. A sedimentary stone that is formed from superheated limestone, which results in its crystalline structure. Marble is an igneous stone that occurs naturally through the metamorphosis of limestone. It contains many different compounds, but consists mainly of calcium carbonate which gives marble its generally light and creamy hue. Colour variations in white marble are caused by impurities from other substances. Today, marble is used primarily in bathroom vanities, fireplace surroundings, hearths, and tile stone. The trend of using marble for kitchen countertops is slowly increasing. Marble’s elegance and beauty gives any home an appealing quality. It provides a pure, graceful look.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PRODUCTWhile most of us make our decision purely on appearances; there are some other factors that come into play when choosing an appropriate counter top for your home renovation. Since your kitchen and bathroom are the highest traffic areas within your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve put together a list of FAQ’s to help you make the right decision for your project
Natural stone is prized for its distinctive beauty and the sense of peaceful tranquility it creates
There are also many practical benefits to using Natural Stone in your home. Natural Stone products are more durable than many artificial products, often lasting for decades with very little maintenance. With Natural Stone there are no worries about exposure to harmful chemicals in the home or released into the environment during production or disposal. We have put together a list of FAQ’s about Natural stone to help you make the right decision for your project, please read through a few of the common question’s.
Our Top 3 Questions
Why does my granite top look like it has cracks?
What products should I use to clean my Granite, Quartz and Marble countertops?
What's Your Turn Around Time
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!